Your Ultimate Skincare Routine For Blemish-Prone Skin
Preventing and treating blemishes can be a full time job for those with blemish-prone skin. Every product you apply needs to either be something that can help minimize the existing blemishes, or prevent new ones from forming. Use a product that’s too heavy and you risk causing your skin to have a breakout that you might end up fighting for days to come.
Refresh skin with a soothing toner
Similarly, those with blemish-prone skin have been taught to use astringent toners to “dry out” their blemishes. This is the opposite of what you want to do, as using harsh ingredients can lead to irritation, flakes, and more breakouts. Instead, opt for an alcohol-free, gently cleansing face toner like our cult-classic Calendula Herbal Extract Toner. It’s been a Kiehl’s iconic product since its introduction in the 1960s thanks to its unique blend of skin-balancing botanicals.
- Gently cleanses and refreshes facial skin without harsh synthetic drying agents
- Soothes and improves the feel of skin
- Formulated with Calendula, Burdock Root Extract, and Allantoin
Hydrate and soften skin with a non-comedogenic moisturizer
When it comes to moisturizers, many people with blemish-prone skin can be nervous. That’s because many formulas may contain potentially pore-clogging ingredients that could exacerbate breakouts. A lightweight moisturizer like the Calendula Serum-Infused Water Cream offers skin-balancing hydration in a weightless texture with efficacious soothing and brightening ingredients.
- Visibly evens skin tone and boosts radiance in just 1 week
- Helps visibly reduce redness in just 2 weeks
- Helps improve uneven texture, dull skin and dry fine lines
- Softens skin immediately with lasting 24-hour hydration
An on-the-spot blemish treatment
When blemishes do form, you’ll want to have a acne spot treatment with Sulfur like the Breakout Control Targeted Acne Spot Treatment in your breakout-fighting toolkit. Using Sulfur and Vitamin B3, it targets blemishes to help reduce their appearance and prevent new ones from forming.
- Visibly reduces the appearance of acne blemishes
- Absorbs quickly and blends evenly into skin
- Formulated with 10% Sulfur along with Vitamin B3
- Clinically demonstrated* to rapidly reduce the appearance of acne blemishes
3 Nights A Week
Decongest clogged pores with a clay mask
Sometimes, despite our best efforts, pores can become clogged with dirt, excess oil, and product build-up. In those cases, you need something a little bit stronger than your daily cleanser. A detoxifying clay face mask like our Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Mask uses Amazonian White Clay and Aloe to help remove the excess oil and dead skin that can clog pores.
- Refines and detoxifies skin to draw out dirt and toxins that can cause clogged pores
- Purifies skin to visibly minimize pores and reduce oil
- Helps refine and smooth skin