7 Simple Secrets to Healthy, Glowing Skin
With unconventional times and social affairs becoming small & intimate. Everyone is aiming to get a glowing flawless skin for her or himself as skincare and health has taken a forefront and days are well rested. As work from home culture is the new norm one has more time in hand to apply that juicy face masque while on a zoom call. At Kiehl’s we have some quick glow enhancing fixes for them. Keep scrolling for skincare habits guaranteed to give you that quick sunshine- glow just before any important day and will last quite a while if you follow them religiously. Let’s read on further as to how to get glowing skin. But before delving right into it we must look at what results in drab skin condition.
What causes dull skin?
The most common and often defined causes of dull skin are lack of sleep, well balanced diet and inner beauty but still one can amp up the glow in the skin even if you’re falling short onto the listed causes. Firstly start with knowing your skin and the signs it has been giving over the period of time. Starting with the layer of dead skin cells which form all over if one is not regularly deep cleansing the skin each passing day. It forms a greyish layer over the skin no matter the skin tone it needs to be removed with a fresh bomb of skin cleanser. Second very common reason for drab looking skin are the external stressors like dirt, pollution and UV exposure, one needs to be vary if not completely avoid it. Thus cortisol levels go up as a defense mechanism against the harsh weather leading to skin looking sallow. Another most pointed out reason is dehydrated skin, without moisture skin looks dull and saggy. Loss of hydration from the skin surface leads to lower levels of epidermis causing skin thinning and more exposed to harmful pollutants.
How can I make my skin clear and glowing?
Healthy and youthful skin is a clear indicator of one’s internal and external well-being. Though there is plenty one can do to enhance the glow and vitality of the skin by following a fuss free and a religious skin regime. Below are some of the handy glowing skin secrets Kiehl’s skin experts spills to achieve that flawless glow.
- REMOVAL OF DEAD SKIN LAYER: Melt away dirt and oil with a gentle face wash. We recommend using a cleanser which is oil based loaded with botanicals which not only help in moist skin but will also help you achieve a squeaky clean palette. It is a quick step to start your day with and prepare your skin for a glowing look. This will save time and the need for double cleansing while going through an extra step of CTM routine.
- RADIANT & SPARKLY EYES: It is time to get rid of your puffy eyes. Refresh your tired-looking eyes with a cooling eye stick or a gel based cooling eye mask whenever you’re on the go or sitting through a long zoom meeting. It is an easy and quick way to reduce under-eye puffiness on the go. Top it up with the best under eye cream, Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. Look for hydrating and nourishing agents like avocado oil, shea butter and Vitamin A in eye creams that will make your eyes look instantly bright and open.
- LATHER ON WITH VITAMIN C FACIAL SERUM: The ultimate glowing skin secret is usage of pure vitamin c based serum. Give a shot at Kiehl’s Powerful strength line reducing concentrate known to boost radiance, helps firm skin and visibly diminishes fine lines, wrinkles and pores for smoother-looking skin., this patented, water-free concentrate is a Kiehl’s customer favourite. It is a potent anti-wrinkle Vitamin C serum formulated with 12.5% Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid. If you have concerns like discoloration or post acne marks we recommend our iconic Clearly Corrective™ Dark Spot Solution which is also formulated with Vitamin C, white birch and peony extracts which helps skin to brighten over time and leave a radiant finish on the facial surface.
Does Vitamin C help brighten skin?
Vitamin C is known for being legendary for eternal youthfulness. If one's major concern is uneven skin tone, textural skin surface, acne marks, fine lines or overall dullness there’s a very high possibility that Vitamin C is a recommended treatment. Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant which neutralises free radicals, due to its nature it helps in the body's regeneration process in turn repair damaged cells. Just like how we do not forget to include vitamin C in our staple diet it’s equally important to incorporate it into our skin regime as well to have that glow as it has skin healing properties.
Due to its acidic nature when vitamin C is applied topically the skin is triggered to heal itself by accelerating the production of collagen and elastin which makes the skin plump and firm. It also prevents premature ageing making it a highly recommended collagen producing ingredient in any skincare product or serum. Another many of its skin regeneration properties is that it inhibits skins melanin production which is what causes discolouration and dark spots on the skin leading to hyperpigmentation, hence with its regular application can help prevent dark spots from forming in the first place. Vitamin C is a superior brightening agent that works to fade dark to brown spots without changing the normal skin
- Hydrate. Hydrate. Hydrate: Different skin types have different requirements. Winter season calls for an extra moisturisation to keep the skin supple and hydrated. Moisturizing helps in lubricating the skin and concealing the other skin blemishes. One must try and pick the natural formulas which have 24-72 hour hydration properties while making sure that for dry skin type pick gel based and for dry to normal choose from cream based moisturizers. If you’re looking for the face moisturiser, Calendula Serum-Infused Water Cream is the one which you need. It is a unique, lightweight moisturizer which provides soothing hydration for 72 hours for that fresh and radiant skin. Check out for vital compounds like AHA’s & BHA’s which are micronized formulas to increase the moisture level and leave the skin hydrated from inside out. Another value added tip massage the moisturizer for 1 minute onto the skin coupled with facial yoga exercises or a jade roller to ensure the lymphatic drainage after a hectic day.
- WELL NOURISHED LIPS: Give yourself a lip glowing treatment, which provides the replenishment with oil and the shine of a lip gloss. Invest in lip oils infused with antioxidant rich fruit extracts and botanical essential oils at all times of the day leaving the lips fuller and smoother. Hydrated and rosy lips always makes a perfect base for that bright lipper and makes your lipstick stay longer without over drying them. Be kiss ready always, look out for lip care products with ingredients like cranberry, peppermint or pear as they provide the ultimate nourishment.
- SPF IS KEY: Start protecting your skin from the sun. One has to defend the skin from harsh and damaging pollutants and prevent the dullness for a brighter looking skin. Apply a quarter tablespoon of sunscreen before heading out with a minimum of spf 50. Opt for paraben and sulphate free sunscreen. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen even when you’re indoors every 2 hours as it protects your skin from harmful UVA & UVB rays which can inevitably make your skin sag and look dull over time.
- BRIGHTENING MASKING SESSION: Energize and invigorate skin with a brightening face mask once or twice a week. The radiant face mask for glowing skin are plenty but at Kiehl’s we have targeted solutions which are not only customised for each specific skin concern and type but also helps brighten fatigued, dull skin. The Facial Overnight Hydrating Mask leaves skin feeling soft and smooth ready to steal the show. Look out for glow inducing masks with ingredients like squalene, turmeric and cranberry to be applied at night for that awestruck freshness in the morning. With these efficacious skincare products from the house of Kiehl’s, get radiant, healthy looking skin.